Friday, September 1, 2017

A Quick Note

Hi, all.  I won't be doing my usual Favorite Quote Friday post today.  I'm just not in the right mindset.  If you've been watching the news, then you've seen the devastation Harvey has wrought here in Houston.  I know my friends have been worried about all of us here, so I wanted to let you know that my family and I made it through the storm safely.  But it's been a very scary and harrowing week.


  
Before Harvey hit, meteorologists were predicting we'd get up to 25" of rain over the course of five days.  We ended up getting 51," which is about how much rainfall we usually get in an entire year.  Boat and helicopter rescues are still taking place.  I think at last count 32,000 people were in shelters.  I've been in hurricanes and tropical storms before, but have never seen anything like this.  So . . . thank you, all of you who have expressed such concern.

I'll be back in a bit.  

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment